Race date: 28th April 2013
Register: Now! The sooner you register, the more time you will have to train and be ready.
Here is the link: http://www.charitygiving.co.uk/fundraising/eventregister_details.asp?event=3238
Some changes have been made to the route for 2013 with the race village being located at Manchester United Football Club on the E2 Car Park in front of the stadium. The race now starts just a short walk away on the A56 White City Roundabout and finish outside the magnificent stadium of Old Trafford.
Some highlights of the new route:
- The new race village will be situated at Old Trafford football stadium, on the E2 car park in front of the main stand.
- The race will start on the A56 at the White City roundabout, a short walk from the race village at MUFC.
- The marathon route keeps all of the great sections that competitors liked last year and misses the sections that through feedback have been removed.
- The route will be held entirely on main roads
- More of the route in Altrincham where the crowd support was amazing.
- No narrow lanes; open rural sections; underpasses; or muddy areas.
- There is a new finish outside Old Trafford stadium, Manchester United Football Club (MUFC) on Sir Matt Busby Way.
The improved course is even flatter than last year’s race with only 55m of elevation gain, so is great for anyone looking to do their first marathon, or for those looking to set a new personal best time.
Start and finish: Old Trafford, MUFC
Marathon Start: 09:00
More information: http://www.greatermanchestermarathon.com/
More about the Hearts and Minds charity here: